Re: SRF-59 (refurb) at SONY Outlet $9.99

Neil Goldstein

SONY Outlet in the Tanger Outlets at Riverhead here on Long Island had a pile of ICF M37W radios w/headphones for 19.99 yesterday. Nothing else of interest to ULDX except maybe earbuds and headphones (lots of them).

--- In ultralightdx@..., Neil Goldstein <neilgoldstein@...> wrote:

And now they have the M37W for 23.99

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665363988

I guess it's a site to keep an eye on. I know the Woodbury one used
to have an ICF-SW7600GR every once in awhile for less than $100

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 6:37 AM, Neil Goldstein <neilgoldstein@...> wrote:
I used to drive past one of the Sony outlets (Woodbury Commons) on my way
upstate quite often and was surprised at how far they marked things down.
This is where my M37V came from. Most "outlet" stores are a farce (Bose
comes to mind) but many of the small items like the M37V were almost
half-price.  If you live near one I would check it out (check the store
directory). Now that I'm out on L.I. I see there's one in Riverhead. Off
today so maybe a quick trip to the East is in order. I will report back.

On Jun 23, 2011 9:00 PM, "Jay Heyl" <yahoogroups@...> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 17:35, R. Mark Barnett <orgelkraft@...>
wrote:

I would think these should be more trouble free...

I bought two of these refurbs a few years ago when Sony was running a free
shipping deal. One was okay but the other was junk. I opened it up and
re-positioned the antenna pick-up coil and tweaked the alignment. After that
it was decent. Not quite up to the standard set by the original one I
purchased, but very close.

It would seem their idea of "refurbishing" consists of verifying it comes
on and that all the parts are there.

  -- Jay

--
Neil Goldstein