Nobody here has an Alinco DX-R8 they use as a spotter???

Rik

I am surprised no one answered my previous post or emailed directly. I decided to order one anyway, but I would really like to hear from someone who has used this radio for awhile, or read a review which is more than an initial impression. I am hoping for much more pleasant audio than my ICOM R-75, and similar performance as far as hearing weak stations.
I don't understand the computer connections for control or DRM reception. I am looking just for a review of how well they work, I have local computer tech support if I decided I would want the features they offer.

For example, I might be able to load the frequency memory more easily from a computer, but that is just a guess.

If I set up for DRM, will there be an icon on the screen or a way to tell I have found a DRM signal, or will the sound from the radio let me know?

So my question is not how would I hook it up, but what can those computer connections allow me to do. - FARMERIK