Re: SRF-59 (refurb) at SONY Outlet $9.99

Jay Heyl

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 17:35, R. Mark Barnett <orgelkraft@...> wrote:

I would think these should be more trouble free...

I bought two of these refurbs a few years ago when Sony was running a free shipping deal. One was okay but the other was junk. I opened it up and re-positioned the antenna pick-up coil and tweaked the alignment. After that it was decent. Not quite up to the standard set by the original one I purchased, but very close.

It would seem their idea of "refurbishing" consists of verifying it comes on and that all the parts are there.

  -- Jay