Nice DX Conditions to the South

Kirk

Hideeho gang,

Despite what many believe to be the dog-days of MW DX summer, this morning proved to be an oustanding morn for some southern DX here in northern Oklahoma. Tnx to a tip from the renowned Richard Allen, I was able to bag a couple of new Mexican stations. Thanks, Richard! I need all the help I can get:-)
Both of these were hrd on the Eton E-100 Slider/SAT combo.

720, XEDE, Saltillo, Coahuila, 0858-0950 UTC, 6/18/11, these guys really dominated the freq w/ the exception of brief WGN, Chicago interruptions. KSAH (TX) w/ their SS pgm'g was not audible. They used to be the dominant SS sta on this freq at my QTH. Hrd XEDE w/ a TC after every song plus many call letter IDs and slogan IDs such as "La Kaliente" and "Radio Coahuila." Mx was a nice variety of balados, pops, rancheras, y tropicanas. ULR Sta #761, LAm #147-

610, XEKZ, Salina Cruz, Oaxaca, 1052-1110 UTC, 6/18/11, very surprised to hear this one on top of the usually strong XEBX (Coahuila) station! Tuned in to a balado song then clear "La Poderosa" ID and right bk to similar vcl mx. That same slogan was noted after every song before the TOH. The weaker XEBX was airing vy similar pgm'g. By 1101, it was hard to distinguish one from the other. One of them played the XE NA around that time (1101). Both stations rapidly faded down and were history by 1110 UTC. ULR Sta #762, LAm #148-

Wishing you all the very best of good DX and have fun this summer!

Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK