Re: !! Urgent !! - Suggest a good shortwave reciever for around $100.00

desai_amogh <desai_amogh@...>

Getting legacy receiver is an issue hear.. and talking about limited immediate future of DRM.. dont know abt other countries.. but AIR has already declared that, they are converting all existing stations to DRM by 2015. So at least by next year I expect 10 stations on DRM in India (Hopefully). Also there are other countries covering Asia as well.

I have already made the "low-IF add-on" "as real men do" and was using it with Degen DE 1103 but it died..

So, Does this mean Tecsun PL660 is not worth the DRM + Low IF add-on thing ???

Regards
Amogh

So overall

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Michael" <michael.setaazul@...> wrote:

The newfangled digiprocessed whatsits are probably all DRM-unfriendly.
You need a low IF offshoot for DRM. Build your own, as real men do,
or use a legacy receiver, such as a 7600 with a low-IF add-on,
as real men do... There be useful notes on the world-wide webthingy.

DRM is so good that it probably has a limited immediate future.
Even though BBC and Deutsche Welle persist, the
ruled-by-conglomerates market decides what is best...

Michael UK