From: Albert
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 10:57 PM
Subject: [ultralightdx] Re: !! Urgent !! - Suggest a good shortwave reciever for around $100.00

I have a PL-660 and it is one fine radio, I got it for $99 with free shipping off of Amazon.

I am sure there are other fine radios out there, but for the money it is as good if not better in some respects to my Sony SW7600GR, with one exception the Sony imo is better on MW and has a better sync detector circuit, but not by whole lot and it costs another $40+. I have a Grundig 350DL which the 450DL replaces it is a good radio but large and heavy. If I had to choose between the two my cigar goes to the Tecsun PL-660 with big sound and portablity. It is loud enough that on FM I listen to a local sation when I am in the shower! :-)

Good Luck,
Big Al N0CEK