Re: !! Urgent !! - Suggest a good shortwave reciever for around $100.00

Albert

I have a PL-660 and it is one fine radio, I got it for $99 with free shipping off of Amazon.

I am sure there are other fine radios out there, but for the money it is as good if not better in some respects to my Sony SW7600GR, with one exception the Sony imo is better on MW and has a better sync detector circuit, but not by whole lot and it costs another $40+. I have a Grundig 350DL which the 450DL replaces it is a good radio but large and heavy. If I had to choose between the two my cigar goes to the Tecsun PL-660 with big sound and portablity. It is loud enough that on FM I listen to a local sation when I am in the shower! :-)

Good Luck,
Big Al N0CEK

--- In ultralightdx@..., "desai_amogh" <desai_amogh@...> wrote:

Hi guys,

Sorry for the URGENT tag. However, one of my friedn is coming down from US next
week and wish to order a Shortwave receiver for around $100.00.

It should good selectivity, sensitivity and features (like IF output for DRM
reception would be a good to have). Also SSB is a must have.

I am planning to buy it from www.universal-radio.com.

Also I I stay in a ground floor of an apartment covered with buildings and get a lot of interference. Will it help if I buy an Active loop antenna for better reception??

How about Grundig 450DLX and Tecsun PL660 ?? or any other option ?

Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Regards
Amogh
Pune, India.