Re: If you wanted to buy a passive loop antenna, what would you buy?

Kevin Schanilec

Hey John:

In File Folder 5 here on the Group there is an article "Comparing Small MW DXing Antennas.pdf", comparing a bunch of commercially available units.

In my opinion, there is little difference between the Terk, the passive Select-a-tenna, and Grundig/Radio Shack/Kaito AN-100/200, or any other nominally 9-inch diameter loop, having used all of them. So, pretty much take your pick, perhaps based on aesthetics? For what they cost, I think they really are a lot of bang for the buck.

Anyone else have insights as to what commercial units are out there?

Hope this helps - Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA

--- In ultralightdx@..., "jlochey" <jlochey@...> wrote:

All,

If you wanted to buy a passive loop antenna, what would you buy?

I have the TERK passive antenna, but I am unsure if there is something else out there that is better?

I have very little free time, so at the moment building a passive loop antenna is not an attractive idea, unless it was a super-simple design! : )

What have been your experiences with the passive antennas that are available on the market?

Thanks,

John
(MI)