Re: First Anniversary of Ultralight Radio Boom-- November 20

robert ross

At 08:24 PM 11/18/2008, Gary Debock wrote:

Hello Guys,

With the Ultralight radio niche hobby now being enjoyed throughout North America, Europe and many other areas of the world, some enthusiasts may be curious how this whole craziness started.  It actually started on November 20, 2007 with some startling TP receptions on a humble SRF-59, but was fueled by some amazing coincidences that gave the movement a massive surge within just a month.

Happy 1st Anniversary/Birthday to the ULR Movement!!! Being one of the Canadians who benefited from Gary's generosity last December......I am happy and proud to have been able to see the growth of the subculture over this past year!! I don't think anyone...including Gary could have ever imagined where this would be 1 Year later. As a matter of fact....I doubt anyone really gave it much thought at the beginning. It was just something that happened ...and as it progressed it opened a lot of eyes.
      The real bonus of this Ultralight growth, is that it brought a lot of Old Timers outta the woodwork and Re-exposed them to the FUN they had when they began BCB DXing years ago , many as Kids I reckon!!

So........Gary even though you had no idea where we were going.....you had enough insight to take us there!! Thanks for that...and Happy Birthday to everyone on the ULR Reflector....may our 2nd year be as much fun as the first.  I can only imagine where the ULR Hobby will be at the end of 2009.......

A good show by all......and thanks for letting me be a part of it all!!

73...ROB.

Robert S. Ross VA3SW
Box 1003, Stn. B.
London, Ontario
CANADA N6A5K1

Antique/Vintage Radio Enthusiast
Amateur Radio Stations VA3SW/VE3JFC
Enjoy Ultralight Radio DXing......It's like being a KID again!!

Defy Physics.....Play Table Tennis!! (Ping Pong with an Attitude)
«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«

Join main@UltralightDX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.