Re: Retread

Stuart

--- In ultralightdx@..., "dhsatyadhana" <dhsatyadhana@...> wrote:

Sorry, it was the Logitech S220 2.1 that made all the buzzing noise.

Kevin

--- In ultralightdx@..., "dhsatyadhana" <dhsatyadhana@> wrote:

Hi all:

I went on a computer speaker hunt, trying to find a decent-sounding, low-noise set-up. I purchased the Logitech S120 2.0 for about $22, which sounds great, but the wall wart (and internal electronics?) RF noise/buzzing made it profoundly unusable for AM listening. So, unless you only listen to FM, I would steer clear of that unit. My daughter was glad to take it off my hands for her laptop, though :-)

I finally found a set-up in a thrift store that runs on 12 VDC, which I feed with a small power supply, and it works great. It's a Cambridge PCWorks unit:
http://www.amazon.com/Cambridge-SoundWorks-PCWorks-Multimedia-Computer/dp/B000068PJG
It's been discontinued, but I see them frequently on eBay. I would imagine that there are other units that run off of about 12 VDC that would work as well.

Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA

--- In ultralightdx@..., "skpounds14" <skpounds14@> wrote:

Do you have a model number on the Logitechs? Walmart only has a $23 pair w/subwoofer on their website. Logitech's at Amazon.com - http://amzn.to/iYfPcJ

Thx,
Keith

Keith, you might try out the smallest conventional, analog (not USB) powered computer speakers from Logitech; under $12 in Walmart here on the ConUS. They're dark gray-black, have an AC cord that leads directly into the left speaker (no wall-wart) and have no hum when output from netbooks, ULRs and my ATS-909. They feel solid, sound very good to me and are inexpensive and uncomplicated.

Stu M.
Listening to Logitech S-120's. (P/N 880-000065) right now, quieter than anything I've ever used. No wallwart, 100mA draw, too. Good luck.

Stu M.