Re: Retread

qrpbear

Robert,

Thanks for the welcome. DXing is going to be a bit of challenge here. I have 19 local AM broadcast stations within a 20 mile radius of me! I don't believe any of them are required to observe day/night power variation or quiet hours. Fortunately the SRF59 has a very deep null. Digging through my junkbox I found a 4.5" ferrite core that I rescued from an old radio may years ago. I will probably use that to make a tuned passive coupler. I'm more inclined to believe I need more in the way of interference rejection than in added sensitivity.

73,

'Bear' NH7SR