----- Original Message ----------------------------------------------------------

From: "triton1_uk" <Triton1uk@...>
Sent: 23 April 2011 13:49

I was browsing through the http://www.dxer.ca/ website yesterday afternoon and came across rave
reviews of the Sony SRF-59 Walkman Radio, so I checked on the Internet and discovered that they were
freely available here in the UK. I set off to the local Comet store and found one at 20.
. . .
Now this is more like it. I was truly impressed with this little radio. It seemed as though it was
as sensitive and selective as my faithful G5.
. . . . .
Anyway, I've waffled plenty long enough. Suffice to say, if anybody is thinking of buying one of
these little radios, I can heartily recommend it. I mean come on. for a measly 20, you can't go
wrong. I am now trying to work out a way to increase the reception on AM with a long wire or
something, but I don't know if the headphone socket is connected to the ferrite bar or whether the
headphone socket aerial connection is solely for FM use.