Finally Checking In With One New Station

Kirk <kirk74601@...>

Hi Gang,

I'm sorry I haven't been around for a while. Life's been pretty crazy around here the past three weeks. Early this morning I finally made the time to do some listening. Using the Sony T-615 (the mean lean DXing machine) and SAT, I managed to dig out one new station plus some others I hadn't hrd in a while.

1580, XEDM, Hermosillo, Sonora, 0905-0956 UTC, Hrd a clear call ltr ID abt 10 seconds after tuning in, talk abt blind luck! Mostly talk by M ancr w/ occasional brief musical interludes. Some lcl ads ment'g their QTH were hrd. At 0940 UTC, a 2nd XE faded in under this one, but just not quite enough sig to copy anything from that one. ULR Sta #743, LAm #143.

Also worth noting:
Richard Allen and I both hrd a G sig from 650, XETNT,Los Mochis, Sinaloa. Noted here at 1132 UTC.

Also noted here w/ copiable signals were 590, XEE, Durango, 1140 UTC.
590, XEFD, Reynosa, TM w/ lcl-like sig! XEE only hrd during XEFD's fade-downs.

Hope everyone is having a good Spring. We had a nasty storm last Fri night that left heavy damage to an industrial area in the NW part of PC. Winds were clocked at 97 mph in some parts of town. We have a fair chance of some bad ones again tonight...better batton down the hatches again! It's exciting to live in tornado alley!

73, Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK