Re: -- finally....

terribly wet

Interesting.

A new Harbor Freight store just opened locally in Orange,Ct. (near my fun hang-around spot--New Haven)

ok... compression crimper

I never liked aluminum BUT with the copper costs--well--

The point being with rg6 being sold commonly there ends up being rg6 'clearances'.

I just got shipped 1000 feet of rg8u. grr heavy package.... I ordered rg8x

I'm just trying to get back to something like my old amateur radio days.

I retrieved my fathers old Yaesu FT-920 and it's rusting and knobs loose. (spill liquids into it ?)

I asked him about 'repair' and he seemed to say if I pay it's mine.

Was flakey on receive test but compared to the Kenwood ts440 next to it the AM BCB sounded wonderful.

geeezz my thoughts are even aimed at 'iron'. Start burying it.

dumb--but scrap iron by the bulk I still thinks makes a property more conductive...

345 more junk cars...

--- In ultralightdx@..., Kevin Raper <kj4hyd@...> wrote:

On Apr 9, 2011, at 4:32 AM, terribly wet wrote:

Go in a hardware store and they want ?? for a simple crimper tool (?) I've seen cheaper once of recent.
Harbor freight has the good compression crimper for F connectors on RG-6 cheap enough.

It's so bad here ya can't even buy a PL259 to F adapter without an internet buy.
RG-8X Sleeves for a PL-259 also fit RG-6

Satellite rated RG-6 is Copper.

73,
Kevin Raper
KJ4HYD
CE WCKI WQIZ WLTQ

There is no limitation to the fidelity of AM radio. From a mathematical standpoint, AM does better in frequency response than FM. - Leonard Kahn