Re: Algeria - very strong

dave_hackwell <dave_hackwell@...>

Is this the 'easiest' N. African then ?

I didn't think that it would be that strong in the USA, but then again, you wouldn't have 200Kw of Germany that I usually have pounding in !

What are 550 stations WDEV, YVKE, putting out ?

Dave
Sony ICF-S22
North West England, UK

--- In ultralightdx@..., "MarkWA1ION" <MarkWA1ION@...> wrote:

Algeria 549 is much stronger than 531 on this side too. It often overwhelms 550 (WDEV, YVKE, et al.) at local shore sites around sunset and a bit after.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION
Billerica, MA + South Yarmouth, MA, USA

--- In ultralightdx@..., "dave_hackwell" <dave_hackwell@> wrote:

Propagation from Algeria was excellent last night, Tuesday

Algeria Chaine 1 was much stronger on 549KHz than the parallel transmission on
531KHz. That strong it wiped DLF Germany off the dial, just couldn't null it !

Anyone noted Algeria transatlantic last night?
If not it could be worth a checking 549KHz on the American East Coast tonight.

Dave
Sony ICF-S22
North West England, UK