Re: LED Tuning light

Brian Miller

Hi Kevin -

Thanks for the reply.

I am so green on radio surgery that I'm not even quite sure what the "trace" is. The wires coming from the pcb to the led?

What do I test with?

I have the service manual for the radio. I had to get it to figure out how exactly to route the tuning dial string. I was amazed I was able to actually do it after a few tries.

I've looked at the manual for awhile and can't figure the indicator light out from looking at the schematic, but again, I am far from a technician.

I guess what might help me most is if you or someone could tell me the general concept behind what causes the indicator to light, where it usually would connect to.....

anyway -

Thanks again

--- In ultralightdx@..., "dhsatyadhana" <dhsatyadhana@...> wrote:

Hi Brian:

Have you tried testing the LED itself? Not sure if these burn out.

Disconnecting the trace to the LED (to test the LED) would allow you to test if there is voltage coming to the LED as well?

Kevin S

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Jerry" <brianalexmiller@> wrote:

I know this is the ultralight DX board, but it is the most active DX message board I know of so maybe someone can answer me even though this is not about ULR's.

My question is about a red LED tuning light on a portable Sony analog AM/FM radio - TFM-7250W.

I got the thing at a garage sale last year for five bucks and I took it apart to clean it and to retro-fit it with an 18" outboard ferrite antenna.

Everything is working great except for I cannot get the little red tuning led to light anymore.

All of the connections look good to me but obviously I'm missing something.

I guess my question is if anyone knows where that kind of a connection would be made generally.

Thanks

Brian Miller

Berkley, MI

USA