Re: LED Tuning light

Kevin Schanilec

Hi Brian:

Have you tried testing the LED itself? Not sure if these burn out.

Disconnecting the trace to the LED (to test the LED) would allow you to test if there is voltage coming to the LED as well?

Kevin S

--- In ultralightdx@..., "Jerry" <brianalexmiller@...> wrote:

I know this is the ultralight DX board, but it is the most active DX message board I know of so maybe someone can answer me even though this is not about ULR's.

My question is about a red LED tuning light on a portable Sony analog AM/FM radio - TFM-7250W.

I got the thing at a garage sale last year for five bucks and I took it apart to clean it and to retro-fit it with an 18" outboard ferrite antenna.

Everything is working great except for I cannot get the little red tuning led to light anymore.

All of the connections look good to me but obviously I'm missing something.

I guess my question is if anyone knows where that kind of a connection would be made generally.

Thanks

Brian Miller

Berkley, MI

USA