Re: Not sure about 1134

John H. Bryant <bjohnorcas@...>

Thanks, Richard...

I keep forgetting about that &%&%$ IBOC.... until I put my headphones on! BTW, isn't sunrise in Zadar about 10:30PM Central Time???

Hey, one of these days would you please turn in the details of your first TP reception to Rob Ross so that I can make you a Trans-Pacific DXer Award??? I'd say that those are pretty rare things in the interior of the continent, whether Unlimited or Barefoot!

I look forward to seeing you soon!!!

John B.

At 09:09 PM 11/12/2008 +0000, you wrote:

John:

I listened to 1134 kHz this morning after midnight and all I could
hear was IBOC hiss, probably from KMOX. It seems to be the same story
on 1116, 1206 and 1215 kHz. I've tried to hear something on all of
them overnight.

In the good old days I often heard RNE on 774 and BBC on 1215.
Another was Dakar on 764, but I don't think they're still around.

I often hear a healthy het on 1521 in the early evening, but KOKC 1520
is just too powerful. However last night I was hearing a high school
game under the playback of Bob Stopes' weekly news conference. I just
couldn't piece together enough to figure out the station.

I feel there's a good chance of hearing the Canary Island on 621, with
KMKI and CKRM nulled.

My biggest problem in the evening is drooping eyelids.

Richard Allen
36°22'51"N / 97°26'35"W
(near Perry OK)