Re: My First TP's on ULR

John H. Bryant <bjohnorcas@...>

FABULOUS, KIRK.... Bravo... Excellent and Yahoo!!!

Now you guys gotta get a TA from Okie Land.... 1134 Zadar has been my easiest on other equipment... It tends to peak at ground sunrise at the transmitter, tho' sometimes earlier.

Great going, Buddy!

John B.

At 07:55 PM 11/12/2008 +0000, you wrote:

Hiya Guys,

I'm REALLY happy to report that at least a second ULR DX'er in
Oklahoma has logged Japan on MW. I had to borrow one of those
Chickasaw dances from John Bryant after hearing these two stations
this morning. I was using two different set-ups for these receptions.
The first was a slider Eton E-100, and also an E-100 with a Select-a-
Tenna.

774, JOUB, Akita, 1046-1125 UTC, 11/12. This station was clearly
audible at tune in with definite JP talk by a M ancr. Throughout the
course of this reception I could tell that if I understood Japanese,
I could have had at least a 90% understanding of what they were
saying during the peaks. The best peak was around 1115 UTC. A pattern
of talk and then 5 notes on what sounded like a piano was hrd, and
then right back to tlk. At the peak time, a W ancr spoke briefly then
into some really pretty instr mx featuring what sounded like a
woodwind instrument.

As a bonus this one snuck in:

747, JOIB, Sapporo, 1105-1110 UTC, 11/12. Vy difficult reception
because of splatter from WSB, Atlanta. Definite JP yak by maybe the
same M ancr as hrd on JOUB...not sure though. Very brief window on
this one, but I'm happy anyway! I checked some other TP splits, but
with no luck.

I'll be writing more on the comparison between the two ULR setups
before too long. As a brief addendum here, this morning I lucked into
2 other new stations and one new state (Montana). They only added to
the fervor of my dances, hi hi.

73's Gents,

Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK