Re: My First TP's on ULR

Carl DeWhitt

--- Kirk:
Congrats on receiving the TPs from Japan on the E-100s.I will have to
look into getting a slider E-100.Of course over here,TAs might be
what i might hear.Also congrats on Montana.I logged that one back in
Oklahoma.It would be quite a catch here.Which station and frequency
was it on ? When did you hear it ?
Carl DeWhitt
Walland,Tn.

In ultralightdx@..., "Kirk Allen" <kirk74601@...> wrote:

Hiya Guys,

I'm REALLY happy to report that at least a second ULR DX'er in
Oklahoma has logged Japan on MW. I had to borrow one of those
Chickasaw dances from John Bryant after hearing these two stations
this morning. I was using two different set-ups for these
receptions.
The first was a slider Eton E-100, and also an E-100 with a Select-
a-
Tenna.

774, JOUB, Akita, 1046-1125 UTC, 11/12. This station was clearly
audible at tune in with definite JP talk by a M ancr. Throughout
the
course of this reception I could tell that if I understood
Japanese,
I could have had at least a 90% understanding of what they were
saying during the peaks. The best peak was around 1115 UTC. A
pattern
of talk and then 5 notes on what sounded like a piano was hrd, and
then right back to tlk. At the peak time, a W ancr spoke briefly
then
into some really pretty instr mx featuring what sounded like a
woodwind instrument.

As a bonus this one snuck in:

747, JOIB, Sapporo, 1105-1110 UTC, 11/12. Vy difficult reception
because of splatter from WSB, Atlanta. Definite JP yak by maybe the
same M ancr as hrd on JOUB...not sure though. Very brief window on
this one, but I'm happy anyway! I checked some other TP splits, but
with no luck.

I'll be writing more on the comparison between the two ULR setups
before too long. As a brief addendum here, this morning I lucked
into
2 other new stations and one new state (Montana). They only added
the fervor of my dances, hi hi.

73's Gents,

Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK