One New XE Logged

kirk74601 <kirk74601@...>

I finally found some time to DX from my new QTH here in Ponca City. This new location is great, with one exception....electrical noise. Nevertheless one new station was added to the ULR log this morning. Logged this one on my T615. I compared the reception on the Sony and my E-100 Slider. The T615 was far better...much better audio, and superb nulling of the relog stations there. I was also using a SAT with both rigs.

1260, XESA, Culiacan, Sinaloa, 1103-1245 UTC, 3/1/11, Noted this one at a very weak lvl at t/in and then just hung around in hopes of a sig increase, and it certainly did. Playing ranchera mx and some mellow standards in SS...the type I can't pin a style name to. Very slick production complete with various sta promo jingles. M ancr w/ a full ID at 1230 UTC, "Aqui....en Culiacan, Sinaloa, eqees-eh-esse-ah, La Mexicana." Faded up to a good lvl by 1230 UTC. Sometimes patience pays off! ULR #741, LAm # 142.

Wishing you all the best of DX!

Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK