Ultralight Longwave DX- 4 New NDB's (and State #11)

Gary DeBock

Hello All,

The LW band certainly was back to normal here last night, and maybe
even a little exceptional. I knew something was ujp when I tuned in to
413 kHz around 0600 UTC (10 PM local time), and found YHD in
Dryden, Ontario (1,350 miles) with an almost nuclear-level signal
(http://www.mediafire.com/?lt4w1pn0646pbk7).

After searching around for a while, I found a much weaker 365-AA in
Minnesota (across the border from Fargo, ND) for state #11 here
(headphones recommended: http://www.mediafire.com/?b1k6mjkpt57k261).

Besides 365-AA, 302-QW (SK), 295-8C (AB) and 365-DPY (WA) were heard
for new beacons on the 7.5" LW Loopstick PL-380 model here last night.
Total NDB's are now 143 stations in 11 States, 7 Provinces, and 4 DX
"Countries" (including Alaska and Hawaii). I'm currently testing out a
new, hard-wired 7.5" LW loopstick PL-380 model (photo posted at
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?wncdzuorogdq11n ), which is significantly
more sensitive than the plug-in loopstick model (as if I needed more
reason to go out into the cold to chase beacons :-)

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)