Good SS Conditions

Kirk <kirk74601@...>

I'm happy to report I manged to log another three new stations early this evening utilizing the T615 along w/ the SAT. That's FIVE new stations already since I got the T615 (within the last 48 hours). That surely speaks highly of that rig...of course we all know that little thing is smokin' hot! Gotta gettem when the gettins' good.

910, WCJW, Johnson City, TN, 2315 UTC, 2/24/11, poor copy but clearly hrd a NOAA wx warning report mentioning the NW area of TN along with lcl ads all ment'd J. City. Severe QRM from pest KVIS (Miami, OK)

740, WDGY, Hudson, WI, 0005 UTC, 2/25/11, muttering its way through this vy cluttered freq..big QRM rom Tulsa's, KRMG. Hrd some lcl ads and clear "WDGY" ID ID, also a brief wx forecast was reported.

740, KTRH, Houston, TX, 0015 UTC, 2/25/11, Michael Murray show I think they were airing (what a waist of air-space!!) at t/in. Lcl ads ment'd area code 713. ID hrd circa 0010 UTC. This sta was a thorn in my side while in the Houston area. ULR Sta #737

There's one other sta I'd like to report as an UNID:

1320, UNID SS Sta, 1300-1500+ UTC, almost every morning. The only slogan/ID I can catch from this one is "La Poderosa..." Given the late hour, I presume it must surely be a domestic sta rather than an XE. Anyone hearing this?? Haven't hrd any official IDs at the TOH, BOH, or anywhere in between so far.

Take care, guys, and I wish the best of DX to you all.

Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK