Re: JOUB audible in Oklahoma

Dennis Gibson <wb6tnb@...>

Wow!! I hope conditions are that good tomorrow morning. I'll be at
Ledbetter Beach in Santa Barbara a couple of hours before sunrise.
I'll have my Sony 2010 and Select-a-Tenna as a spotter and DT-400W and
SRF-39FP in case conditions are good enough that a stock ultralight is
all that's needed. Ledbetter Beach looks like this:

Ledbetter Beach:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3e/Leadbetter_beach.jpg

That photo tells the story of why it's so freaking expensive to live
here. Clicking on the photo will enlarge it.

73

--- In ultralightdx@..., "bbwrwy" <richarda@...> wrote:

This morning KSPI, 780 kHz, didn't switch on their transmitter at the
usual time of 1100 UTC. That permitted me to hear JOUB, 774 kHz,
using a barefoot SRF-T615. At times the signal had fair copy with some
XEMF and WBBM spill over. I was able to listened to part of an
English lesson at 1223-1226. Sadly KSPI fired up the transmitter at
1227 and JOUB was lost until another day.

Also had hets on 594, 693 and 747 kHz. The latter was strong at
times, but no audio punched its way past the WSB and CKJH QRM. The
strongest het of the morning was heard on 972 kHz for a few minutes
after local sunrise. But no audio was heard through the KCFO and WDAY
QRM.

Folks on the west coast should have been able to hear JOUB with a
crystal set this morning. Anyone west of the Mississippi River could
have heard it depending on their local QRM situation.

Good DX to everyone.

Richard Allen
36°22'51"N / 97°26'35"W
(near Perry OK)