From: Robert S.Ross VA3SW
To: ultralightdx@...
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 9:43:28 PM
Subject: Re: [ultralightdx] A Final Farewell to Greenland on the AM Dial

On 11/02/2011 9:10 PM, John Cereghin wrote:

I never heard Greenland, either on MW or SW.  I never bagged them from Nova Scotia, either.

:(
 Yes John....A Country we'll never hear on AM. However.....I did Log Greenland back in the 1980's on SHORTWAVE...........on 3999 Mhz I think it was??? Not sure of the Frequecy without looking it up....I was on a DX-Pedition with the Ontario DX Association at Longford Mills, Ontario.  I may have heard it once at Dave Clark's Antenna Farm  in Newmarket Ontario as well.........Without looking back at the Logbooks...I can't remember (Old Age!!). Dave had a HUGE ANTENNA Farm......Full Sized Dipoles for 120, 90, 60 Meters. Delta Loops for the same Bands and Many Beverage Antennas. Also had MANY Top Notch Receivers of the Day....and all Antennas could be switched to ANY of the Receivers through an elaborate Antenna Switching System. Dave and Cedric Marshall ...also of the ODXA  Constructed this Massive Antenna Farm to DX Indonesian Regionals, and other Exotic DX on the Shortwave Bands!! We heard some amazing stuff up at the Farm!! Man....I miss those Days!! We heard all the Low Power Japanese Regionals, Peruvian Low Powered Statons, Bolivians, Papua New Guinea Regionals, 2 Mhz Australians.......and other cool stuff. We would go up there in the Winter....and the shack was out in the DX Barn behind the house........it was heated...but just barely....with Electric heaters. I can remember Cedric DXing with a Collins R-388 TUBE Receiver, sitting in a Lawn Chair, with his entire Body in a Down Filled Sleeping Bag (And Cedric was about 6 Foot 7 ")!!!...........to keep from Freezing to death.........and Logging Indo Regionals on Grayline DX. Hey Kirk......some of this must be bringing back memories for you...and Guy Atkins too....if you are out there??? John Bryant would have remembered some of the Legendary DX that was logged at Dave Clark's DX ANTENNA FARM!!

Man..........this is getting to me!!! DX Memories I'll never forget!!

73....ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA