Re: Afternoon Beaconing in NW Washington

Kevin Schanilec

Thanks Gary - I have looked a few times for 200-UAB, and you list gives me a couple leads for tomorrow morning.

Yeah, this NDB bug really bites hard :-) I stopped beaconing a couple years ago because of the noise in my townhouse development, but now that I have an easily portable set-up to get out to a quiet location, it's just dits and dahs all over the place...

Kevin

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, D1028Gary@... wrote:

Hello Kevin and All,

Congratulations on the logging of 371-TVY, Kevin, and your 7th NDB
state-- glad to provide the tip.

This morning was one of the wildest NDB-DXing sessions ever observed
here, with booming signals from almost any station to the north.
Besides distant Alaskan 233-ALJ (heard for the first time on the
"barefoot" 7.5" LW loopstick PL-380), 200-UAB (a very tough logging
because of 200-YJ), 222-WY, 239-M9, 248-QH and 375-FS were received for
new stations (and 2 new provinces, Yukon and NT). Tonight I was able to
dig 2 more stations out of the "junk pile" from 290-325 kHz (312-UNT
and 317-VC) to finally receive my 100th NDB station on the 7.5" plug-in
loopstick PL-380. I've found that the "junk pile" really has a lot of
NDB's hiding among the RTTY hash, and it provided most of my new NDB
loggings during the past week.

It's very interesting that your NDB state and province count is now
exactly the same as mine, Kevin. I'll be updating my NDB log to include
the new Far North and "junk pile" NDB loggings, which together gave me
enough to finally reach #100. For those of you considering this new
kind of Ultralight DXing, be forewarned that once the NDB bug "bites,"
it bites pretty hard :-)

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyalluip, WA, USA)