Re: DXing Drought Concludes

ferrite61 <dxrx@...>

Its been a lot tougher since the hurricanes of 2008. I had what I considered to be a reliable listing of network/location prior. It seems the networks are now more dynamic, and the locations differ depending upon state of equipment. So now, I log them all as Havana at 10kW. If i catch a network ID I report it. There are some changes to the old listings on my homebrew DX log for sure.

Paul S. in CT

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "Kirk" <kirk74601@...> wrote:

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "ferrite61" <dxrx@> wrote:

Some further research yields the following:
970 CMHD Camaguay 10kW
970 CMAI Consolacion 1kW
970 XEMH Merida (NW Yucatan Pen.) 5kW

Best three found. The Mexican station J.I.C.

Paul S. in CT
Thanks, Paul. I have to be honest with the group, Cuba confuses the hell out of me. When there's listings of more than one Cuban sta on a given freq, how do we know which one to count, if any?? (Especially confusing when the stations are both listed running the same power!) I've had a long day, I better tackle this issue when I'm better rested, ha ha.

Tnx again, Paul!!

Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK