Re: I finally passed 800 stations

Kirk <kirk74601@...>

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "RichardA" <richarda@...> wrote:

Since logging 700 stations in 2009, it seems like I've been crawling on my hands and knees trying to reach 800. I finally did it tonight.

Station #800
1250 KBTC, Houston MO, @ 0313Z, with Tiger high school basketball game, only 51W.

Station #801
1250 KZHM, Paris TX, @0455Z, country music with "KZHN" ID, 95W.

Both heard with a SRF-T615. All but 14 were heard with a barefoot receiver, mostly on the 615. It is much kinder to my ears than my Tecsun receivers.

Good DX all.

Richard.

Richard Allen,
36°22'51"N / 97°26'35"W
(near Perry OK USA)
Richard,

You know I've got to jump in here to send my heartiest congratulations! Wow, and to reach the 800 goal on 1250 makes it even better! Man that's one tough freq up here with lcl WBBZ on 1230...only 3 stations have been hrd on 1250 here. My hat is off to you and the T615! I hope they're still available by the time I have the spare bucks to get one myself. The one thing to remember, however, is that no matter how "hot" a radio might be, it's the DX'ers personal abilities at DXing that plays just as much a roll, if not more, in the logging of good DX. Way to go, Richard!!

Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK