JOUB audible in Oklahoma

bbwrwy

This morning KSPI, 780 kHz, didn't switch on their transmitter at the
usual time of 1100 UTC. That permitted me to hear JOUB, 774 kHz,
using a barefoot SRF-T615. At times the signal had fair copy with some
XEMF and WBBM spill over. I was able to listened to part of an
English lesson at 1223-1226. Sadly KSPI fired up the transmitter at
1227 and JOUB was lost until another day.

Also had hets on 594, 693 and 747 kHz. The latter was strong at
times, but no audio punched its way past the WSB and CKJH QRM. The
strongest het of the morning was heard on 972 kHz for a few minutes
after local sunrise. But no audio was heard through the KCFO and WDAY
QRM.

Folks on the west coast should have been able to hear JOUB with a
crystal set this morning. Anyone west of the Mississippi River could
have heard it depending on tehir local QRM situation.

Good DX to everyone.

Richard Allen
36°22'51"N / 97°26'35"W
(near Perry OK)