Re: How do these radio compare

Peter Laws

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 22:26, Mark Roberts <markrobt@gmail.com> wrote:

Francisco office, where most radio signals go to die (AM and FM). My
only complaints about the 606 are that it does not offer the 4 kHz
audio bandwidth setting that's in the chip (why?) and that there is no
tuning step switch. I find manual tuning on it to be painful and slow.
When I start a listening session on my 606 -- which I haven't done in
a week! -- I use the ETM mode to fill the ETM memories. I use those
to skip around the band since those memories are "tunable" in that
once you go to the spot in memory, you can tune away from there and
not start over at where ever the VFO was.