Re: Evaluating my new PL-380- creeping off topic..sorry

R. Mark Barnett

Hey Dan I need a new clock radio.... I take it from your message I need to track down a Boston Acoustics to try out..... I have never thought of a clock radio as a DX rig.  My last one wouldn't pick up a 50K station across the street. Which model BA clock radio do you have?

Mark

Well I have had the PL-380 now for two weeks, and would like to say up front that for the price,and size, I am very happy with the PL-380. I love the adjustable bandwidth and the many memories. I was excited about the performance as well. Unfortunately I have a few radios, and comparatively the PL-380 is only an equal in it's performance alongside my Sony 2002 and ICF7600GR. I tried some AM dxing on my big chair, but then compared it to my Boston Acoustic clock radio, and found myself less than enthusiastic. I does do better on AM then my little world 100. For the price, I don't mind throwing it in my backpack as my traveling radio.

Dan