Re: SONY SRF-T615 ......Is it on the way out????????

robert ross

On 26/01/2011 2:31 PM, Jay Heyl wrote:

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 11:12, <D1028Gary@...> wrote:

Back in the day when the ULR group was just getting started (December 2007), the SRF-T615 cost from Audio Cubes was $92, plus shipping. That was the price for the radio reviewed in the 2008 Spring Shootout, which unfortunately caused a North American stampede for the model, driving the price into the stratosphere. I'll take full responsibility for that, but Rob's amazing DXing success with the model certainly poured some additional gasoline on the inferno :-)

Not to take away from your mojo on this, but I think the Yen/US$ exchange rate likely has more to do with the price increase than the stampede of orders. The Yen is up about 38% against the US$ since December 2007. It doesn't explain all of the price increase, but it does explain most of it.

If you know someone in Japan or someone who travels to Japan (and is willing to travel to the electronics district in Tokyo), they can get a T615 for less than $100.

  -- Jay

Well....If Audio Cubes doesn't get my Radio on the boat soon.....I may have to Drive over there and pick it up myself!!!! HAHAHAHAA.........Hey the CANADIAN DOLLAR has been doing pretty good lately too and is ABOVE the US GREENBACK for the last week or so. Maybe they could give me a discount if I paid in CANADIAN Bucks instead of US $$$??????

73......ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA