Two New stations Logged

Kirk <kirk74601@...>

Greetings to Everyone,

I've been forced offline by a modem failure for the last 4 or 5 days, but I finally was able to figure out the problem, so I'm happy to be back in touch with the world again, ha ha. During that time offline I was able to hear a couple new stations on my Eton E-100 Slider w/ SAT.

This first one I'd been following for several nights (more than 4 hours total it took to nail this one down to an ID) and finally caught some IDs on the third night/morning:

1320, XESR, Santa Rosalia, Baja California Sur, 1151 UTC, 1/23/11, played a variety of mx, most of which was geared to their younger listeners it sounded like. Mostly bk-bk mx w/ very few anmts. Finally caught a nice ID which sounded like, "Radio Cachania, Baja California Sur..." Also hrd ments of Santa Rosalia here and there throughout these receptions. Happy with this one. A new XE state #23, and LAm #137 logged on ULRs from Oklahoma.

1670, KHPY, Moreno Valley, CA, 0653-0736 UTC, 1/25/11, Mostly religious tlk and mx in SS. Hrd in a semi-null of WTDY who is the dominant sta on this freq here. ID hrd 0135 UTC as "Radio Catolica El Sembrador" (The Radio Catholic Sower." (As in the sower of seeds-Christian seeds in this case.) Also hrd an ID a bit later as "ESNE Radio" w/ the ESNE pronounced as a word. ULR Sta #729.

The work schdeule here has been hectic lately, so I'm happy to get much time for some DXing, especially when it pays off, ha ha. 73 to everyone and good luck in all your DXing endeavors.

Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK