Re: New stations here

Kirk <kirk74601@...>

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "RichardA" <richarda@...> wrote:

In the last few days I had the chance to add new stations to my log:

1-17-11 UTC
2340 1310kHz WTTL, Madisonville KY, 0.5kW, ESPN Radio sports talk, PSA's.
2346 1310kHz KOKX, Keokuk IA, 0.5kW, ID NOS mx.

1-8-11 UTC
1301 1320kHz KNCB, Vivian LA, 5kW, lcl nx, wx, ads, then C&W mx.

It's been a long time since I'd logged as many new stations in a short period. Heard with a barefoot PL-606 receiver, they my ULR total to 796.

1-19-11 UTC
0356 216kHz Radio Monte Carlo, Roumoules F, 2 men speaking in FF.
Heard on PL-360 and 7.5-inch ferrite stick.

Long wave propagation in the early morning hours (UTC) was the best since the antenna arrived from Gary. I also received Radio France 162 kHz and Europe 1, 183 kHz. These superpower stations have been the most frequently heard here on communications receivers since the 1970's.

I was amazed by the strength of CIAO 530 kHz last evening. It was fair to good in Radio Enciclopedia's null.

Good DX everyone.

Richard.

Richard Allen
36°22'51"N / 97°26'35"W
(near Perry OK USA)
Hi Neighbor!

Congratulations on the new stations! I was getting ready to email you to check out your latest. 796 ULR stations is an oustanding aceivement, and I'd like to thank your for all your useful tips, MANY have which helped added numerous new stations for my log. We're anxiously awaiting your transition into the 800 group! Way to go on the LW loggings as well!!!!

73,
Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK