No Distance Records But Having Fun

Kirk Allen <kirk74601@...>

During the Fall Follies, my combined distance with the best 5 stations
heard would equal about a mile or two compared to you heavy-hitters on
the coasts, but I've really been having a blast during the last week
just logging new stations. The Follies have helped me to check the band
more thoroughly, and consequently that's yielded some new stations.
Since all the fun started a little over a week ago, I've been able to
add 26 new stations to the ULR log. Thanks to you guys who came up with
the idea. I really understand it's purpose better than I originally
did. Some of the more interesting ones (just my opinion) are listed
below (all times/dates in UTC):

550, XEPL, Ciudad Cuauhtemoc, Chihuahua, Mexico, 0615-0630+, 11/1, full
ID, playing back to back great old Beatles tunes from "Yesterday"
to "Woman" to "Yellow Submarine". Quite fun to actually enjoy a MW pgm,
ha ha.

550, KLLV, Breen, CO, 0021-0036, 11/1, lcl ads for the Four Corners
area plus one for a business in Durango. Richard Allen and I have both
been finding some new ones here in the last day or two. He's logged
some just in the past day or so that I've yet to hear.

550, KTRS, St. Louis, MO, 0036, 11/1, "and now here's a musical
interlude" W ancr says into brief C&W mx, then lcl ads and references
to St. Louis and some surrounding towns/suberbs.

790, WSGY, Saginaw, MI, 2222-2300+, 10/31, poor copy with stiff
competition from KURM, Rogers, AR. Lcl ads gave this one away.

590, KCSJ, Pueblo, CO, 1230, 10/30, never had a hint of this sta
before, but very clear copy that morning w/ lcl ads and ID.

960, XEK, Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, Mexico, 0544-0615, 10/30, Full ID
then NA at 0600. Uses the slogan "Radio Nueve Sesenta" often.

1590, KGAS, Carthage, TX, 0310, 10/30, ESPN pgm'g. Unexpected ID by lcl
ancr at 0313.

1510, XEQI, Nuevo Leon, Monterrey, Mexico, 0201-0230+, 10/30, ID and
slogan "La Grande" hrd often.

1030, KTWO, Casper, WY, 0353, 10/28, very poor copy considering the 50
kw power. lcl ads, nx, and ID.

860, CJBC, Toronto, 2335-0000, 10/27-28, FR CBC progm'g.

1400, WSPG, Spartenburg, SC, 0031+, 10/26, ESPN pgms and ID 0100.

650, KGAB, Orchard Valley, WY, 0000, 10/25, caught nice ID and lcl ads,
good copy.

Sorry this posting is a little long. Great DX to you all!!

Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK