From: "Henk_Verdru" <henk.verdru@...>
To: <ultralightdx@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 2:57 AM
Subject: [ultralightdx] Re: Improving LW

--- In ultralightdx@..., Russ Edmunds <wb2bjh@> wrote:

The longer the wavelength, the larger the antenna needed for good
reception. That's why the typical ultralight doesn't do well on LW. I'll
let others speak to what's available to help the signals.

Russ Edmunds
Correct, but this rule doesn't explain why the Tecsuns underperform on LW
in comparison with e.g. Sony's SRF-M37L (even with all its shortcomings)
which has a shorter antenna.

Henk