Re: Random loggings - Central Oklahoma

Stephen Ponder <stephen_ponder@...>

Peter,
A website that I use a lot for Mexican DX is:

Fred Cantu maintains that website and updates it frequently.

Another resource I use is the IRCA's Mexican Log. The newest
edition is available now (10th edition, Winter 2010) from the IRCA
Bookstore for $11.50, $9.50 if you're an IRCA member. The IRCA
website is:

73,
Steve Ponder, N5WBI
Houston, TX
----------------------

On Jan 11, 2011, at 9:56 AM, Peter Laws <plaws0@...> wrote:

This is fun. I have only been listening at night for about an hour or
so before going to bed. Any ideas on 530? What's a good place to
find Mexican info? I have to guess from the frequency, since my
Spanish is very poor to non-existent. I found one list -- which lead
me to guess about XEWF -- but I think that was only "big" stations
with streaming content.

I was excited to hear the clock station from Cuba, too! Didn't
realize what it was until I heard the RR at the top of each minute.
Can't find the email from the other day that mentioned it though.

530 - SS YL with DEEP echo
540 - Jazz/EZL
540 - XEWF? - SS pub aff. "Voce del ...". "Hora Nationale"
567 - Clock station in Cuba
570 - KSNM, Las Cruces, NM - "Southern New Mexico" Fox Sports
580 - WIBW - Topeka, KS
1350 - KCAR, Clarksville, TX, 65 W @ night?? - Mike North sports