Re: Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! (darn it)

terribly wet

--- In ultralightdx@..., Peter Laws <plaws0@...> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 09:50, terribly wet <zz4@...> wrote:
ok..not knocking anything...

My browsers will not view it and even 'Google Documents' can not digest .xls.
It's Mocrosoft's proprietary spreadsheet format that many people
mistake as a "standard". Google Docs should open that as should
OpenOffice. In fact, OO 3.x just opened it on my laptop. Usually
what happens is that the very newest MS formats have yet to be reverse
engineered, so there is a lag between when MS forces their customers
to go to a new version and when the rest of the world can read the
file.

That said, this opened in OO - thanks, Stephen, for giving me some ideas!