From: "Jerry" <brianalexmiller@...>
To: <ultralightdx@...>
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2011 8:10 PM
Subject: [ultralightdx] Batteries and Corrosion

Not necessarily on the ULR topic, but I wondered if someone here might be able to give me definitive information on the
following:

I have acquired several radios since I first got into the DX hobby last February.

Most all of them, including superadios, RF-2200, ICF-2010 and others have batteries in them. I don't use them all on a daily
or even weekly basis, but the batteries are still in them.

How long would it be before I should take the batteries out to avoid that nasty orange stuff to appear in the battery
compartments?

Thanks -

Brian

Berkley, MI