Re: SONY Model

Kevin Schanilec

Here is what Sony is claiming to be their overseas models (i.e., not meant for sale in Japan, I presume):
http://www.sony.jp/overseas/lineup/radio_en.html
The T615 is still in there (hey - why mess with a good thing?). Remarkably, the SRF-59 and M37W, both available widely here, are not even mentioned.

The little T46 and R46 look interesting - I wonder if they are the SRF-59 with a speaker??? They are not available in the USA as far as I can tell, but there are lots of Japanese sellers with them. On Taobao, the Chinese version of eBay, they would probably run 60 bucks after all is said and done, a bit steep IMHO.

Kevin

--- In ultralightdx@..., "farmerik" <farmerik@...> wrote:

Speaking of SONY radios made to sell in other parts of the world than the USA, does anyone know of a place to order them from the USA? I know about Royal Trading on eBay, but they don't have too many models.- FARMERIK

--- In ultralightdx@..., "dhsatyadhana" <dhsatyadhana@> wrote:

Looks like it is the Sony SRF-M606 or SRF-M806. I recall doing some research into these models, which are essentially the same as the vaunted T615 except it was difficult to tell if either version tuned in 9 and 10 khz steps and/or covered the 1600-1700 portion of the band (there are American and European version, I believe). They are about the same price as the T615, so probably stick with a known quantity:-)

Kevin

--- In ultralightdx@..., dypete@ wrote:

Hello all.....

Reviewing some posts and web searches....

Found this link to a you tube post....

Algeria, 549, heard in Spain.

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlzXhncccw0_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlzXhncccw0)

The gentleman is using a WRTH and a SONY radio.

Would anyone what model is in the video?

Thanks!

Pete

KB2DY
Massapequa, Long Island, NY