Re: SONY Model

Kevin Schanilec

I tried to figure it out for the M806 a couple years ago, and I had a way to do it through the German Amazon site. However, between the dollar/Euro exchange rate and the shipping cost, it would have been way too expensive. With that, combined with the possibility of it it not tuning a 9/10 khz splits and/or not tuning past 1600 khz, I quickly lost interest :-)

Any one else tried???

Kevin

--- In ultralightdx@..., "farmerik" <farmerik@...> wrote:

Speaking of SONY radios made to sell in other parts of the world than the USA, does anyone know of a place to order them from the USA? I know about Royal Trading on eBay, but they don't have too many models.- FARMERIK

--- In ultralightdx@..., "dhsatyadhana" <dhsatyadhana@> wrote:

Looks like it is the Sony SRF-M606 or SRF-M806. I recall doing some research into these models, which are essentially the same as the vaunted T615 except it was difficult to tell if either version tuned in 9 and 10 khz steps and/or covered the 1600-1700 portion of the band (there are American and European version, I believe). They are about the same price as the T615, so probably stick with a known quantity:-)

Kevin

--- In ultralightdx@..., dypete@ wrote:

Hello all.....

Reviewing some posts and web searches....

Found this link to a you tube post....

Algeria, 549, heard in Spain.

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlzXhncccw0_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlzXhncccw0)

The gentleman is using a WRTH and a SONY radio.

Would anyone what model is in the video?

Thanks!

Pete

KB2DY
Massapequa, Long Island, NY