Re: South Korea in Ireland on an UL!

John H. Bryant <bjohnorcas@...>

WHAT A CATCH!!!

Paul, I sure hope that you are planning to enter the World-wide contest that is contained in the Fall Follies.... either Barefoot or Unlimited.  You ought to do very well, even against those of us listening across the Pacific!  Both Oct 25 and Oct 27 were STUNNINGLY GREAT DX conditions across the Pacific... between about 1200 and 1500, when I was listening.  Several of the other Tree Huggers up here were also on during that time period and did very well, too.... maybe it will continue for another day or two!!!

Enter the contest!!!  Its your five longest distances heard anytime between last Friday at 30 minutes before LSS and Next Monday, Nov.3 at 30 minutes past LSR.

John Bryant

At 11:24 PM 10/27/2008 +0000, you wrote:

Hi all,

not much listening done recently but one really welcome log tonight

1566    HLAZ Jeju, FEBC    250kw    S.Korea    20:00    27/10/2008    5800miles    9331km

Time pips at the top of the hour then om in presumed Korean and choral music.

Distances are approx - anyone got the long/lat of the transmitter site?

Realised it was possible when I noticed the strength of China on 1521 and heard Taiwan dominating on 1557.

I have been hearing this over the last nights on my main set up but every time it has peaked it was with choral music and the language was very hard to make out. Only the 2nd time ever that I have nailed this one so very pleased.

Wonder is Japan a possibility from here...

regards

Paul Logan,
Lisnaskea, N. Ireland

Listening Homepage: http://geocities.com/yogi540/