From: Robert S.Ross VA3SW
Subject: Re: [ultralightdx] Sony SRF-T615
To: ultralightdx@...
Date: Monday, December 27, 2010, 3:10 PM

On 27/12/2010 2:48 PM, Jay Heyl wrote:

A couple months ago my brother was in Asia for several weeks, stopping twice in Japan. Before he left I asked if he got some time if he could take a look for a Sony SRF-T615, with an upper price limit of $100. He didn't mention anything about it on his return so I figured he didn't get time to go shopping. To my surprise, it showed up under the Christmas tree when we exchanged gifts.

He said he had to take three trains to get to the right place and then spend a bunch of time in the store trying to find someone who spoke English. The young woman who waited on him said Sony had a newer model that was better. Sadly, my brother didn't think to ask about the model number. He decided to stick with what I had specified. Not that I'm not happy with the T615, but I'm curious if anyone has any knowledge of this newer, "better" model.

  -- Jay

Jay...I hope you enjoy the T-615..........I wouldn't trade mine for anything!!! If there's a Better Sony out there....I'm not aware of it. But...if you find one...please let us know, as I'd definitely be interested!!!

Have Fun with the T-615!!

73...ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA