Re: UnID KMKI relay on 1580

d4g7johnson

Maybe your radio is creating that signal somehow (image/mixing product/whatever). I live in Garland (eastern suburb of Dallas) and I hear no local signal from anybody on 1580KHz. The weak signal I do hear there is not the same as Disney on 620KHz.

--- In ultralightdx@..., "RichardA" <richarda@...> wrote:

Does anyone know what Texas station on 1580 kHz might be relaying KMKI?

Yesterday, between 0735 and 0806 UTC, I heard a station broadcasting Radio Disney programming on 1580 kHz. At 0757 it gave its ID as "This is KMKI and KMKI HD1, Plano-Dallas-Fort Worth".

KMKI broadcasts on 620 kHz and heard here 24/7.

Thank for your help and good DX.

Richard.

Richard Allen
36�22'51"N / 97�26'35"W