Re: Logged new state...by accident

Kirk <kirk74601@...>

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "edsemrad" <semradem@...> wrote:

Here's a station logging story that you might get a chuckle out of. Last night I woke up about 12:30 AM and couldn't get back to sleep. I got up and turned on the radio wondering what was conditions were like today in the early AM. First there was Spanish on 600 and it sure sounded like Cuba. OK. Then Louisiana was coming in strong on 690 and 710. Not bad. But the rest of the dial was mostly jumble. I stopped at 1680 kHz. just thinking what I should do next when I thought I heard Spanish. Not giving it a second thought as semi-local WPRR normally runs different languages, I thought I heard an English ID at the 1 am TOH. Strange. Fortunately the recorder was running so I play back the recording more or less just to pass the time when I hear "1680 WTTM Lindenwood/Philadelphia" then in Spanish "Radio diez y seis". Unbelievable! I logged NJ, my 35th state without even trying. Maybe I shouldn't try so hard more often.

Ed
Lake Villa
Hi Ed,

Congratulations on logging NJ. I have to tell you that many of my new station loggings have been pure luck...it boils down to being on the right freq at the right time. I'd love to log NJ down here.
Keep up the great DXing!

Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK