Re: The Super Select-A-Tenna: a real sleeper

Rik

I really appreciate your article, reviewing and comparing those amplified antennas. I do own a few of the models you mention, and it will help me choose which might be next. Like all the review articles on this site, it is well written, well explained, and the result of tests or comparisons. - Great Job- FARMERIK

--- In ultralightdx@..., "dhsatyadhana" <dhsatyadhana@...> wrote:

Hi all:

Just posted to Folder 5 here on UltralightDX Group is a review of the Super Select-A-Tenna, as well as a comparison of it to four other commercially available antennas (Quantum QX Loop, C Crane Twin Coil Antenna, Terk Loop and the Quantum Q Stick). See "Comparing Small MW DXing Antennas".

While I purchased the Super SAT on something of a whim, I was very pleasantly surprised with its performance and versatility, and can highly recommend it for those that need a small antenna. It really is a major step forward from the "regular" Select-A-Tenna. It works well with Ultralight and other portables, and with minor augmentation is likely the equivalent of the famous Kiwa air-core loop for tabletop receivers. I also did some simple augmentations to the other antennas, including adding regeneration to the Twin Coil antenna, which may be of interest.

Good DX to you!

Kevin S
Bainbridge Island, WA