New Stations 12/01/10

edsemrad

Hi everybody,

It was quite an exciting morning with both the WJBM 1480 kHz. automation error (sounded like a station test with the test tone and dialogue) and also today hitting 300 stations.

Below are my loggings:
The receiver is a Tecsun PL-380 and all station ID's are recorded on a Sony recorder. The times are CST.

12/01/10:
1260 0357 WSDZ Belleville IL. "Radio Disney. This is WSDZ and WSDZ HD1 Belleville/St. Louis"

1480 0410 WJBM Jerseyville IL. Apparently this was an automation error (Thanks Russ for the info). I heard "You are listening to the University of Illinois fighting Illini radio network Deerfield(?) communication satellite channel 27Y (?). Your home for the Univ. of Illinois athletics" Then there was a test tone for 20 seconds. This was repeated for about an hour. There never was an official ID. I checked the Univ. of Illinois radio network on the internet and sure enough on 1480 there was WJBM. I have an e-mail to the station engineer for confirmation. For now I am going to count this one as a logging. Not bad for 500 watts, if they were at full power.

1290 1130 WMCS Greenfield WI. "We're WMCS the talk of the town… log on to 1290WMCS.com to register"

1490 1330 WPNA Oak park IL. "Great holiday music from all around the world by listening to WPNA AM and logging on to www WPNA1490am.com"

I did it. I hit my goal of 300 stations. Now, on to 350. It's getting difficult.

Totals now are 302 stations, 34 states, 5 Canadian provinces and 4 countries.

Ed
Lake Villa, IL