New Loggings

Kirk <kirk74601@...>

Greetings. Allen, it sure sounded like you all had a great mini-Dxpedition.

Anyway, here's my 2nd attempt to post a few new catches recently. All logged with the trusty E-100 Slider along w/ a SAT.

670, XETOR, Torreon, Cohuila, 1232-1300 UTC, 11/24/10, Poor copy for the majority of this reception. Got a very lucky break when they first identified @ 1250 (Radio Ranchito..no call ltrs copied.) Mostly playing mellow ranchera vcls. LAm Sta #129.

620, CKCM, Grand Falls, NL, 1157 UTC, 11/24/10, Only hrd tlk, ads maybe? Lcl wx forecast.Poss ment'd "The Talk of the Town" Hrd abt a zillion (give or take a few million) mentions of Grand Falls. by 1300 UTC, this sta was lost to XEOO. A new province for the Okie log...#6. Really happy to hear this one!

1380, CKPC, Brantford, ON, 0425 UTC, 11/24/10, Both classic and contemorary country mx w/ a M ancr. "Your country favorites on 1380. Lcl wx..I think he said a high temp was gong to be -1 in Brantford. Brrr.

990, WEIS, Centre, AL, 1107 UTC, 11/24/10, Gave a nationwide winter forecast followed by their lxl wx I believe. Pgm'g very hard to follow w/ mucho QRM. ID something like "Your country favorites on 990, WEIS." ULR Sta #708

I'm still being "skunked" by no TP nor any TA rceptions this season. Oh well, we'll keep trying.

Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving.
Kirk Allen
Ponca City, OK