Re: PL-380

MarkWA1ION

Welcome to the list Guido. Logs from Puerto Rico will be quite useful to those of us along the US East Coast, especially during auroral conditions when propagation tends to turn southerly and the Caribbean / South American stations become prominent.

Also interesting would be to see what you can receive at that location from stations in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. I'd think that, especially around sunset from a beach location, you could do pretty well. Allen Willie's frequent reports will give you useful tips on which transatlantic stations could be targets for your efforts.

555 is ZIZ from St. Kitts, one of the last of the Western Hemisphere "splits" and a station logged quite often in the eastern US and Canada. As far as I know there are no medium wave broadcasters active in Jamaica anymore.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION
Billerica, MA + South Yarmouth, MA, USA

--- In ultralightdx@yahoogroups.com, "foxam2001" <foxam2001@...> wrote:

Finally, after my experiences with the Kchivo D96L, an ultralight that really lives up to its reputation. WLW in Cincinnati coming in almost like a local and I am in Puerto Rico not in the mainland. Radio Rebelde from Cuba just as strong as any local station. One station was picked at 555 kHz with reggae music. It could be Jamaica but I am not sure. Country music from Nashville TN. This was just a test carried out quickly. Excellent SW performance too for an ultralight. Lets see what I can catch barefoot from this spot in the weekend.

73s

Guido KP4FAR