New Stations 11/21/10

edsemrad

Hi everybody,

Unusually good reception to the north on Sunday. After logging two new WI stations it hit me. I pulled out my WI station maps and started going up the dial picking off a good number of new "cheeseheads".
Too bad I had to break for supper but still a good afternoon.

Below are my loggings:
The receiver is a Tecsun PL-380 and all station ID's are recorded on a Sony recorder. The times are CST.

11/21/10:
1190 1500 WNWC Sun Prairie WI. "Thank you for listening to faith 1190 WNWC"
1280 1515 WNAM Neenah-Menasha WI. "On Dec. 3rd on WNAM we'll draw one entry"
1360 1541 WTAQ Green Bay WI. "News-talk WTAQ"
1570 1600 WSCO Appleton WI. "AM 1530 WSCO, the score"
1570 1606 WFUR Grand Rapids MI. "For the WFUR listening area"
1410 1629 WIZM La Crosse WI. "Host of La Crosse talk on WIZM weekday mornings 6 to 9"
1700 1726 KKLF Richardson TX. "Stop by any of the 7 Twin Peaks locations today or visit them at twinpeaksrestaurant.com…in the Richardson area" (Only location is in Texas area – from website)

11/22/10:
1310 0605 WTLC Indianapolis IN. "TLC AM Indianapolis, AM 1310 the light"
1010 0640 WSPT Stevens Point WI. "News talk 1010 WSPT"

The KKLF Texas logging was different. It was constant football with national ads for almost two hours. Finally they broke for local ads and I caught a solid ad for the Twin Peaks restaurant. Sure enough, after checking the website it was Texas. KBGG Iowa was also broadcasting sports so it wasn't them and Brownsville does oldies. Finally I heard them say Richardson. Never caught the call letters but that's the beauty of the X Band – only 5 stations on 1700.

Totals now are 286 stations, 34 states, 5 Canadian provinces and 4 countries.

Ed
Lake Villa, IL